|This article contains canon information corresponding to the Tales of Arcadia franchise. That means all information in this article is true and has appeared/been validated officialy on-screen.|
Anton Viktorovich Yelchin (Russian: Анто́н Ви́кторович Ельчи́н; March 11, 1989 – June 19, 2016) was an American film and television actor, known for portraying Pavel Chekov in the Star Trek reboot series, Jacob Helm in Like Crazy, Jim Lake Jr. in Trollhunters, and several other prominent roles.
Born to a Russian Jewish family in Leningrad, Yelchin relocated to the United States as an infant. He began performing in the late 1990s, appearing in several television roles and the Hollywood films Along Came a Spider and Hearts in Atlantis (both 2001). His role as Jacob Clarke in the Steven Spielberg miniseries Taken was significant in furthering his career as a child actor. He later appeared on the television series Huff and appeared in the films Alpha Dog (2007), Terminator Salvation (2009), Charlie Bartlett (2007), Fright Night (2011), The Smurfs (2011), Only Lovers Left Alive (2013) and Green Room (2015). He appeared in Star Trek (2009), Star Trek Into Darkness (2013), and posthumously-released Star Trek Beyond (2016) and Thoroughbred (2017).
Early in the morning of June 19, 2016, Yelchin was found by friends pinned between his Jeep Grand Cherokee and a brick pillar outside his home in Studio City, California, in what was described as a "freak accident". He was pronounced dead later that day at the age of 27.
- Star Trek (Chekov) (2009)
- Green Room (Pat) (2015)
- Like Crazy (Jacob) (2011)
- Hearts in Atlantis (Bobby Garfield) (2001)
- Trollhunters was Yelchin's second project working alongside Charlie Saxton. The two voiced the characters of Shun Kazama and Shirō Mizunuma, respectively, in the English-dub of From Up on Poppy Hill.
- Emile Hirsch has been cast to replace Anton Yelchin as Jim Lake Jr. for Trollhunters Part 3.